fire

Sprinklers save Roseville Yamaha from blaze

The Roseville Fire Department responded to a structure fire Tuesday at Roseville Yamaha after witnesses reported visible smoke and flames in the building, fire officials said. The ...

Fire season fast on the approach; officials say be ready

It’s not something we tend to think about much in February, but it’s just a matter of months before those hot, windy days of fire season start rearing their ugly heads. Fire o ...

Budget cuts to hit home

Usually shopping and keeping a budget don’t go hand in hand. But, in the case of Roseville’s city budget a little retail therapy could be just what the doctor ordered. Accordin ...

Reader grateful for fire safety information

On Jan. 24, there was a fire in my house at 1509 Dana Way in Roseville. My 9-year-old daughter, her girlfriend and my wife Tinna were asleep upstairs when it all happened. I wa ...

Preparation is life in the firehouse

As a firefighter one of the most common questions I am asked is, “What do the firefighters do when they are not on an emergency?” It is difficult for many people to have an ...

Roseville firefighters extingush flames at local hotel

The Roseville Fire Department responded to a fire at the Marriott Residence Inn on Taylor Road at approximately 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. When firefighters arrived they confirme ...

Western States Endurance Run canceled

Lightning, fire and smoke did what snow, heat and the test of time could not. In a move unprecedented since the Western States Endurance Run’s first 100-mile trek from Squaw Vall ...

Winds, dry conditions spark multiple blazes

PENRYN — Windy conditions throughout the state and foothills sparked dozens of wildland, vegetation and structure fires Tuesday including a 15-acre blaze that charred grass and t ...

New fire station opens in Granite Bay

Retired Granite Bay firefighter Dave Giblin arrived at the grand opening of the South Placer Fire District’s newest fire station Friday and received quite a shock. It would be n ...

Arson blamed in Granite Bay fire

A blaze that destroyed a home in the upscale gated Wexford community in Granite Bay was caused by arson, South Placer Fire District investigators now believe. Officials are remaini ...