We scouted some distinguished gift ideas and fun stocking stuffers that don’t require a trip to the mall. Check out the offerings at these Granite Bay stores:
1. JD Gray’s Designer Jewelry: Any of the original designs from jewelry artist Jon Gray would make a lovely gift, but the golfer in your life may enjoy a hand-blown glass golf club in one of several hues. The putters and drivers conform to U.S. Golf Association standards and may even help your game. “They’re quite the conversation piece,” Gray said. 5540 Douglas Blvd. No. 120, Granite Bay (Quarry Ponds). 899-6121.
2. The Doggie Bag: You put cookies out for Santa, but what about some baked delights for your pooch? In cute shapes such as Santa and Christmas trees, these treats certainly look like sugar cookies (but you may be surprised by the chicken flavor if you sneaked a little nibble). The traveling pet owner may appreciate the Snoozer brand rolling dog carryall that serves as a backpack, car seat and bed for the doggie-on-the-go. The store also carries a plethora of breed-specific merchandise and ornaments for the dog lover on your list. 6881 Douglas Blvd., Granite Bay (Raley’s center). (916) 786-9663.
3. Yve’s Fine Lingerie: The Juniper Tree brand of scented soaps are embellished with dried flower petals and glitter and smell like Christmas Morning or Pink Sugar Pear. They leave a ring of pretty petals and sparkles in your tub — the kind you won’t want to clean. Yve’s also stocks a lovely array of body lotions, oils and perfumes. 3984 Douglas Blvd., Roseville. (916) 797-9837, www.yvesfinelingerie.com
4. For All Seasons: The patio furniture store carries an array of ornaments on thematically decorated trees. From zebras and elephants to musical notes and glittering bulbs, you’ll find a unique bauble to hang from your Douglas fir. Manager Mickey Scott points out San Francisco Giants fans would be pleased to receive a Giants nutcraker ornament or licensed tumblers and cups. 8679 Auburn-Folsom Road, Granite Bay (Ace center). (916) 797-2100.
5. Atrium Salon Spa: The ticket to holiday bliss just may be a gift card to Atrium. The salon/spa offers a “Winter Escape” three-hour spa day package for $129 that includes a facial, relaxing massage and pedicure. Or try the pomegranate mani/pedi ($70) for a truly indulgent treat for your hands and feet. 6851 Douglas Blvd., Granite Bay. (916) 791-8585.
6. Bushnell Gardens Nursery & Garden Shoppe: Each year, Bushnell’s is transformed into a holiday shopping wonderland with unique gifts for all. For the tech-lover in your household who wants to text while being stylish, smartphone gloves enable them to use a touchscreen phone without exposing fingers to the cold. There’s also the build-your-own jewelry line from Beaucoup Designs that lets you add monogrammed charms and pendants (such as the Eiffel tower or a charming bee) to a necklace for a unique gift. Then there are the owls — little fuzzy-headed, big-eyed pals that are perfect for stuffing in trees or on your holiday centerpiece. “Owls are flying off the shelves right now,” quipped Michele Parry of Bushnell. 5255 Douglas Blvd., Granite Bay. (916) 791-4199
7. Neveah: The salon/spa’s boutique stocks clothing and accessories that the fashionable set would love to receive under the tree. Consider colored denim, knit scarves and designs from Michael Stars. Turquoise jewelry and long pendants are popular, as well as lines from local jewelry designers Terran Designs and California Girls by Shawn McVey. Just ask for boutique manager Leanne Bassett and she can help you pick out something fabulous. On the spa side, consider a gift certificate for body sugaring. A “sweeter” alternative to waxing, it’s gentler on skin, gets shorter hairs (even ingrowns), and results in finer regrowth. Once you sugar, you’ll never go back to wax, says Neveah owner Coleen Weeks. 9205 Sierra College Blvd., Suite 160, Roseville. (916) 786-5888.