Shortly after noon Tuesday, the Roseville Fire Department was dispatched to a commercial gas leak near 8250 Industrial Boulevard. When crews arrived they found a strong order of natural gas. The leak apparently occurred when a backhoe damaged a 4 inch gas line. Access to the area was immediately controlled. Firefighters are monitoring the air for dangerous flammability ranges and ignition sources are being controlled. The Hazardous Materials Team is also using a mobile weather station to project the extent of the gas leak. Currently the occupants of the businesses at 8150 and 8250 Industrial Avenue are being asked to shelter in place. Those businesses include Surewest Communications and California Bottling Company. Additionally, Buljan Middle School, just south of the site has been contacted. Students and faculty were originally asked to shelter in place as well, however, safer conditions allowed the Fire Department to lift that request. A work crew from PG & E is on scene beginning the work necessary to stop the leak. Firefighters will remain on scene until any dangerous conditions are mitigated. Industrial Boulevard is closed between the California Bottling Company and Washington Boulevard. Please avoid driving in this area.