City View: Roseville City Clerks Department offers passport photos
Passport photos can now be taken by the city of Roseville's Clerks Department. There is a fee of $8 and no appointment is necessary. To acquire any of the city's passport services, visit the City Clerks Department at the Civic Center, 311 Vernon St. in Roseville.
Passport processing is open from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Processing does not take place during the lunch hour, on Mondays or on legal holidays.
What items are required in order to acquire a passport?
- Proof of citizenship: certified U.S. birth certificate, original naturalization certificate or a previous U.S. passport.
- Photo identification: official driver's license, state ID or military ID.
- One passport photo.
- Check or money order for $110 made payable to the Department of State. Cash or credit cards are not an acceptable form of payment. The fee is $80 for a minor 15 years or younger.
- Separate payment by cash, check, credit card or money order for $25 (per application processed) made payable to the city of Roseville.
- Social security number on the application: The IRS may impose a penalty if this detail is absent.
What is a passport card and how can one be obtained?
A passport card requires the same application and processing times as a passport, but can only be used to travel by land and sea. To fly, one must obtain a passport. Passport cards are $30 for an adult and $15 for a child, plus a separate $25 processing fee made payable to the city of Roseville.
What is the passport process for minors?
For minors aged 16 or 17, one parent is required to appear in person and countersign the application.
For minors under 16, two parents are required to accompany and countersign the application. If one parent cannot be present, a notarized signed affidavit and a photocopy of the driver's license must be provided by the absent parent. An original court document stating sole custody or a certified copy of a death certificate of a deceased parent can also be provided. A certified birth certificate for all minors under 16 must also be provided (no exceptions).
How long does it take to receive the passport?
It takes four to six weeks for your passport to be delivered. You may expedite your passport or passport card for additional fees.
For those who are travelling within two weeks, an application along with proof of departure time (itinerary or tickets purchased) must be presented in person at the San Francisco Passport Agency. To schedule an appointment, call (877) 487-2778.
For more information or to learn more about obtaining a passport or a passport photo from the City Clerks Department, visit www.roseville.ca.us/passports, call (916) 774-5263, or stop by the city of Roseville Clerks Department.
City View is provided by the city of Roseville. Alexandra Habashi works in the Public Affairs and Communications Department.